The F-SCAN5 offers as first type of device 4 channels which can be output simultaneously on 4 outputs. The device is based on the F-SCAN4 and offers the entire functionality of it.
The large color touch screen display with 800x480 pixels and capacitive touch, with an optimized operating routine, offers all functions for frequency applications. A SMART wave frequency can be modulated by a standard frequency to intensify an application. An EAP analysis function is integrated for use by experts as option. An external storage device, the ChipCard, can be used to transfer programs to an F-SCAN COMPACT or a ChipCard PLUS can be used for data exchange between F-SCAN4, F-SCAN3 and F-SCAN MOBILE.
The F-SCAN5 is completely equipped incl. USB connectivity and does not need any other accessories. For educated and experienced users, the EAP functionality can be enabled if the special accessories are purchased separately. With the inbuilt rechargeable battery, the device can be used for approximately 4 hours. The battery must be charged with the included usb wall charger. Outputs are the multifunction-single channel output, the WIDE band output, the PowerPort plus the plugs for the 4 FSM (Frequency Specific Microcurrent) channels.
- Quick reaction on user inputs.
- DIRP analyze function with graphical display of results
- SUB SCAN mode for specific sacns.
- Multi-Signal-Output for sine wave, square wave and smart wave.
- Special DUO+ Output for two-, three-, or four channel applications, for example according to FSM.
- Signal strength adjustable for square wave and sine wave.
- DIRP for standard scans.
- Extended features: every frequency in single channel mode can be added up to 6 parameters:
- wave form adjustable (sine, square, square full wave, smart).
- WOBBLE with adjustable wobble range.
- OSCA - OSCA - the new standard for current control.
- Memory for 100 data sets of up to 50 frequencies pers set incl. parameters plus the graphical DIRP result; extra memory for 100 data sets for DUO+ appölications.
- Icon DUO+ for multi channel applications.
- CONTINUE: special feature for queueing as many programs/protocols as needed. At the end of a program/protocol, the CONT instruction can bve added to instruct where to continue.
- High output current for all channels, adjustable.
- PROTECT feature to avoid modification/erase of programs/protocols.
- Optional ChipCard PLUS for save/recall of 100 DUO+ Programs/protocols.
- Optional standard ChipCard to load single Programs/Protokolls into the device-memory without overwriting the entire memory.
- Feature to assign amplitudes to square wave signals as a function of the frequency value.
- Zoom-feature as tool to edit results of a DIRP analysis displayed as a curve.
- Multi signal output port:
- SINE: Signals 0.01 Hz to 3 MHz, DC-OFFSET.
- SQUARE 1: Signals 0.01 Hz to 100kHz, adjustable amplitude, FULL WAVE.
- SQUARE 2: Signals 0.01 Hz to 100 kHz, adjustable amplitude, DC-OFFSET.
- SMART wave for higher efficiency.
- Extra wide band sine wave output up to 15 MHz at 5Vpp (volt-peak-peak).
- Extra PowerPort with its own connector
- Individual library function with up to 460 entries.
- Built-in EAP-measurement capability as option. The stylus (option) connects to the SENSOR port. For trained experts only.
- Program windows selectable from the touch screen display
- The main program windows open at the touch of their header. Each offers settings and functions to change, select or start with a touch. It does not take long to learn their use. An instruction manual is shipped with the device. Default values preset at the factory for common applications support a quick start.
- If required, multi signal output and PowerPort can be used simultaneously.
- Program windows selectable from the touch screen display: The main program windows open at the touch of their header. Each offers settings and functions to change, select or start with a touch. It does not take long to learn their use. A detailed instruction manual is shipped with the device. Default values preset at the factory for common applications support a quick start.
- Dimensions 205 mm x 140 mm x 30 mm.
- LCD: VGA 800 * 480 pixels.
- The special wave form SMART combines the main wave with a high frequency for best efficiency.
- Wide band output for analysis and application of frequencies in the megahertz range.
- The ChipCard makes simple data exchange with F-SCAN COMPACT possible.
- The ChipCard PLUS makes simple and fast data exchange between F-SCAN MOBILE, F-SCAN3 and F-SCAN4 possible.
OSCA the new standard
OSCA is the abbreviation for “Output Signal Control Algorithm”.
OSCA is a procedure that has been developed by TB-Electronics. This feature is being used to adjust output signal to the application in real time. The very sensitive measuring method that is used in this procedure can measure electrical currents in the micro ampere range and control them according to their waveform and impedance.
Electrical currents that are generated by frequency generators, comply themselves with the impedance of the “consumer” or “load”. “Load” is what is attached to the output. In this case impedance means that the “load” does not behave linear like an electric resistor but like a combination of resistors and capacitors. Therefore, the “load” is dependent of the frequency and even on the activated waveform.
On F-SCAN devices of the upper class you can choose between square waves and sine waves and a frequency range of 0.01 Hz up to over 3 MHz. For the frequency-dependent “load” this means, that with e.g. low frequencies the impact could be huge, even though the electrical current flow is low. High frequencies on the other hand could only have a small impact, even though the electrical current flow is high. And adding to all this, it matters what wave form you choose.
In order for the application to work ideally with an F-SCAN5, OSCA is being introduced for the first time. OSCA can be activated on different levels. You can choose between “OFF”, “SENSITIVE”, “STANDARD” and “HIGH”; depending on the sensitivity of the “load”.
If OSCA is turned off, the signal strength is — according to the amplitude-setting — activated for all the waveforms. As soon as OSCA is activated, the amplitude is continuously controlled according to the current measurement of the electrical current flow (measured in micro amperes). During application, the measured electrical current as well as the amplitude-settings are displayed in real-time in all the menus of the F-SCAN5.
Shipping list for F‑SCAN5
- USB wall charger FTB224
- USB cable FTB223
- Stainless steel electrodes FTB202A
- Finger sensor FTB303
- Two sets of gel pad electrodes FTB041
- Application cable FTB308
- 5 application cables for multi cannel applications FTB335
- Instruction manual FSLIT109
- Carrying case FTB333
All information subject to change without prior notice.